No shocker, Paden Bray continues to stay in the number-one spot in the Resistol Rookie heeling standings after adding $3,303 to his earnings.
He and partner Erich Rogers tied Chad Masters and Joseph Harrison for third in the second round at California Rodeo Salinas with a 8.8-second-run, worth $1,575 a man. They also placed third in the third round with a 8.7-second-run, worth $1,728 a man.
Bray is first in the Resistol Rookie heeling standing and 23rd in the PRCA world standings with $34,142.20.
Montana’s Kal Fuller also continues to surge at the top of the Resistol Rookie heading standings. He and partner Kasper Roy tied Nelson Wyatt and Levi Lord for third in the second round at the Snake River Stampede in Nampa, Idaho with a 4.5-second-run, worth $2,406 a man.
Fuller is first in the Resistol Rookie standings and 44th in the PRCA world standings with $20,199.37.
Texas’ Garett Chick, who is heading for 2018 Resistol Rookie heeling champion Ross Ashford, placed third in the average at the Ogden (Utah) Pioneer Days rodeo with a time of 10.3-second on two head, worth $2,424 a man. They won the second round with a 4.4-second-run, adding $2,184 to their earnings.
Chick added a total of $4,611 to his earnings, keeping him the the number-two spot in the Resistol Rookie standings with $18,816.35.
Idaho’s Dillon Holyfield and partner Phoenix Everano added a total of $3,576 to their earnings. They placed fifth in the average at the Snake River Roundup with a time of 16.4-seconds on three head, worth $2,562 a man. In the final round, they tied Nelson Wyatt and Levi Lord and Clay Tryan and Travis Graves for first with a 5.2-second-run, worth $1,014 a man.
Holyfield is fourth in the Resistol Rookie standings with $7,068.11.
California’s Wyatt Hansen is second in the heeling standings with $19,219.78. He and partner Ryan Reed tied J.B. James Jr. and Brock Hanson for sixth in the fourth round at California Rodeo Salinas with a 9.2-second-run, worth $661 a man.
New York’s Drew Carnes and partner Ty Barger won two Painted Pony Championship Rodeos in Lake Luzerne, New York. They won the first one with a 4.6-second-run, worth $563 a man. Then they won the second one with a 5.2-second-run, worth $640 a man.
Top 10 Headers:
1. Kal Fuller with $20,199.37
2. Garrett Chick with $18,816.35
3. Colton Campbell with $12,669.52
4. Dillon Holyfield with $7,068.11
5. Cody McCluskey with $7,053.59
6. Mason Boettcher with $5,767.18
7. Lane Lowry with $5,503.03
8. Cooper White with $5,388.69
9. Brodi Jones with $5,095.11
10. Clayton Eggers with $4,831.17
Top 10 Heelers:
1. Payden Bray with $30,850.11
2. Wyatt Hansen with $19,219.78
3. Heath Williams with $14,452.48
4. Carson Johnson with $9,689.41
5. Michael Tash with $7,747.65
6. Jerren Johnson with $5,486.72
7. Drew Carnes with $4,804.55
8. Brushton Minton with $4,787.96
9. Colton Brittain with $4,386.68
10. Dylin Ahlstrom with $4,236.47