Have you ever wondered what day-to-day life is like in team roping magazine land? Probably not… but a big part of the day-to-day grind here at The Team Roping Journal is compiling results and tracking down photos. Because, let’s face it, you all want to see pictures of team ropers when you open the magazine.
We really, truly, want to get more team roping results on the website and include more success stories in the magazine. So to help everyone (especially ourselves!) out, we put together this little Roping Promo 101 for everyone to reference.
Would you like to see ropings you produce promoted in The Team Roping Journal, either in print or online? Here are a few tips to having your results included in future issues of the magazine:
- Within a week of your event, email results (winners, aggregate times, number of head roped, and payout) and high-resolution action, award OR candid winner photos (at least 4 inches by 6 inches at 300 dpi) to [email protected].
- If you do not have a professional photographer at your event, assign someone with the latest iPhone to take photos of the winners with their awards in a well lit part of the arena with a clear, uncluttered background.
- Encourage and enforce dress code at all times, especially for award shots.
- When possible, include a note about any worthy storylines—i.e., father and son winning a roping together, roper with an interesting profession having success, mother-daughter teams, etc.
- If the roping is for a 501(c)3 or other good cause, be sure to provide information as to the beneficiaries of the good will.
Now, none of this is a guarantee of publicity. BUT your chances will be a whole lot better if you can check off these few steps! Have a good one, y’all 🙂