Keven Daniel and Cooper Freeman Get Tunica American Rodeo Qualifier Win
National Finals Rodeo Header Keven Daniel and his National High School Rodeo Champ Cooper Freeman split $14,250 and claimed their spot at the The American Rodeo Eastern Regional Finals at the Ariat World Series of Team Roping Qualifier in Tunica, Mississippi, August 12.
Ross Mitchell and Cade Cowan also qualified in second, splitting $8,550. The total payout was $29,500, and all 26 teams who entered were also vying for a slot at the American Eastern Regionals.
How can you qualify for The American Rodeo?
· Round 1: The American Contender Tournament, consisting of three regions (East, Central and West) and hosting up to 54 qualifying events, is open to athletes of all levels and ages. The expanded selection of contender events will welcome thousands of new and existing athletes to compete for their chance to advance to the Regional Semi-Finals.
· Round 2: The American Contender Tournament Regional Semi-Finals features up to 100 top athletes in each discipline joining the automatically seeded athletes from the 2022 PRCA/WPRA world standings, who will compete for the opportunity to advance to the Regional Finals.
· Round 3: The American Contender Tournament Regional Finals, which will be three nationally televised events, will host the Top 10 athletes advancing from the Semi-Finals plus two athletes who have earned a spot through the Redemption Round, a last chance qualifier after a regional Semi-Finals.
· Round 4: The American Contender Tournament Finals kicks off The American Rodeo week in Texas with nationally broadcast events, bringing the Top 4 athletes from each Regional Finals plus one athlete advancing through the Contender Tournament Wild Card event.
· The American Rodeo (www.americanrodeo.com) is where all roads ultimately lead to the richest single-day rodeo on March 11, 2023, as the chase for the $1 million bonus culminates. The nationally broadcast event will turn all eyes toward Texas as the Top 5 Contender Champions go head-to-head with the Top 5 in the world standings for a high-stakes showdown.